The Service enables users to record their workflows, for purposes of transcribing them into process documentation and/or automating those workflows. If you do not want your information to be included as part of our Service, you may opt out by contacting us at [email protected] However, we may retain your information even after you have opted out, so we can keep a record of and process your opt-out and/or if retention is necessary to comply with legal obligations, regulatory requirements, or to prevent fraud or abuse.
1. How We Collect And Use Information
Information you provide us directly. We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us, including:
- Account Information. When you first sign in to your account, you will need to provide us with a username, password, your first and last name, and your email address.
- Your User Content. When you use the Service to record workflows, we collect your clicks, keystrokes, and the content that appears on your screen during the recording period. The recording period begins when you initiate it via the recording feature, and it concludes when you turn off the recording feature. The user must initiate the recording feature for it to collect data. Data collection on your clicks, keystrokes, and screen images only occurs during this recording period. You may choose to have information shared by you removed at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Information we automatically collect. When you use our Service, we may automatically collect certain information, including:
- Analytics information. We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools (such as those of Google Analytics), to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
- Cookies information. When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the Service over time. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. You can choose to remove a persistent cookie any time by following your web browser’s directions about how to erase or delete cookies. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, key features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled or if you erase our cookies.
- Do Not Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. We do not respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations, and solutions.
- Log file information. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use your information for various purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Respond to your requests for information
- Provide you with more effective and efficient customer service
- Contact you regarding our products, services, and other information that we think may be of interest to you;
- Customize the content on the Services;
- Improve the Services and other products and services we may offer;
- Engage in analysis, marketing research, and reports regarding use of our Services;
- Operate, maintain, and provide to you and others the features and functionality of the Service;
- Provide security and monitoring, and address technical issues and bugs; and
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”).
3. Commercial And Marketing Communications
We may use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly and indirectly with you. We may send you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers related to the Service. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to opt out or change your preferences. We also use your information to send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
4. How We Share Your Information
We may share your information in the following ways:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with contractors and third party service providers, as needed to help us operate our business.
- Protection of Scribe and Others. We will disclose your information where it believes it is required to do so by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of us, our Users or others.
- Business Transfers. We may buy or sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company.
- Aggregate/De-Identified Information. We may share Aggregate/De-Identified Information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. This Policy places no limitations on our use or sharing of Aggregate/De-Identified Information.
- Consent. We may also disclose your information to third parties with your consent to do so.
5. How We Store And Protect Your Information
Keeping your information safe: We care about the security of your information, and uses a variety of physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from us, at all times. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
6. Your Choices About Your Information
Deleting Uploaded Data: If at any time you wish to remove information you have uploaded to the Service or stored in your account, you may request to do so by contacting us at [email protected] . However, we may retain your information even after you have opted out if retention is necessary to comply with legal obligations, regulatory requirements, or to prevent fraud or abuse.
Communications from us: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. You may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at [email protected]
7. Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their ‘personal information’ (if any, and as defined under applicable California law) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to [email protected]
8. Children’s Privacy
The Service and its content are not intended for children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information (as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
9. Links To Other Web Sites And Services
10. How To Contact Us
Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions about the information we may have collected about you, and to review, revise, or delete such information.