In the current climate of remote work, virtual training is quickly becoming essential for companies that want to increase their remote employee productivity. HR teams and Client facing trainers are not only seeking to keep employees connected and productive but also build their skill sets.
Virtual training software can be useful for trainers looking to deliver training more flexibly and conveniently. If you're considering using virtual training software for your organization, it's important to evaluate the options available and choose a platform that meets your specific needs and goals.
Top virtual training software of 2023
- Adobe Connect
- Microsoft Teams
What is a virtual training software
Virtual training software is a type of software that allows trainers to deliver training sessions online rather than in-person. These platforms are often used when participants can't be physically present in the same location.
Some key features of virtual training software include:
- The ability to conduct live, interactive training sessions using video conferencing tools
- The ability to deliver pre-recorded training materials, such as videos or slides
- The ability to track and measure the progress of learners through the training program
- The ability to engage learners through interactive features, such as polls, quizzes and discussion forums
What is virtual training
Virtual training is a type of training conducted online or through electronic means rather than in person. This can include video conferencing, webinars, online courses, and other digital learning platforms.
Virtual training is important for organizations because it allows for flexibility in learning and can be more cost-effective than traditional in-person training. It also allows for a wider audience reach, as participants can join from anywhere with an internet connection.
Here are some benefits of virtual training to organizations seeking to upskill their remote employees.
- Convenience and flexibility: Virtual training allows employees to learn at their own pace from the comfort of their home or office. This can be especially useful for employees with busy schedules or locations in different time zones.
- Cost-effectiveness: Virtual training can be more cost-effective than traditional in-person training, as it eliminates the need for travel and accommodation expenses.
- Improved retention: Virtual training is just as effective as in-person training regarding knowledge retention. Online courses often include interactive elements and multimedia resources that engage learners and facilitate the retention of new information.
- Easy to update and customize: Virtual training courses can be easily updated and customized to meet an organization's specific needs and goals. This allows for more targeted and relevant training tailored to the specific skills and competencies that employees need to develop.
Types of virtual training
You've probably discovered many different forms of virtual training. However, trying out a few different virtual training software programs is a good idea to see which works best for you and your needs.
There are several types of virtual training to try out, including:
- Live online training: This virtual training is delivered in real-time over the internet and can be facilitated by an instructor or facilitator. Live online training can include interactive features such as chat, Q&A, and breakout rooms to encourage participation and engagement.
- Self-paced online training: This is a virtual training where learners can complete coursework at their own pace. Self-paced learning includes video lectures, interactive exercises, and assessments to test understanding.
- Virtual reality (VR) training: VR training uses simulated environments and immersive experiences to provide learners with hands-on, experiential learning opportunities. It can simulate real-world situations, such as emergency response scenarios or technical skills training, in a safe and controlled setting.
- Webinars: A webinar is a live, online seminar or presentation typically delivered via audio and visual presentations. It may include interactive features such as polls and Q&A sessions. You can record webinars for later viewing.
- Blended learning: Blended learning combines traditional, in-person training with virtual training elements such as online coursework or webinars. This approach allows learners to tailor their learning experience to their specific needs and preferences.
What are the main types of virtual training software
The rise of remote work and the need for socially distant training options means choosing the right virtual training software is more important than ever. Several types of virtual training software suit every training need. These include:
- Virtual classroom software: Allows instructors to hold live, interactive online sessions with learners. The tools have features like screen sharing, breakout rooms, and whiteboards.
- Learning management systems (LMS): LMSs provide a central hub for online learning content, including videos, quizzes, and assignments. They often include tracking and reporting features to help instructors monitor student progress.
- Game-based learning software: These tools use gamification to engage and motivate learners. A game-based learning software often has interactive elements like quizzes and challenges to help students retain information.
- Virtual reality (VR) training software: VR training tools allow users to immerse themselves in a virtual environment to practice tasks and skills. They are ideal for technical training of employees on practical skills in industries like construction and manufacturing.
Why You Need Virtual Training Software
As an HR or client-facing trainer, you know the importance of training employees or clients effectively. It helps them understand their roles and responsibilities, learn new skills, and improve their performance. But with the world shifting to remote work, in-person training sessions have become a challenge. That's where virtual training software comes in.
Virtual training software allows you to conduct training sessions online, giving you the flexibility to reach a wider audience and eliminating the need for physical travel. In addition, it allows you to record and save training sessions for future reference or for those who couldn't attend the live session.
But that's not all. Here are some other benefits of using virtual training software:
- Increased engagement: Virtual training software allows you to use interactive features such as polls, quizzes, and games to keep the audience engaged. You can also use features such as screen sharing and breakout rooms to facilitate group discussions and collaboration.
- Customization: With virtual training software, you can customize the training content to fit the needs of your audience. You can choose the length of the training, the delivery method (such as live or on-demand), and the level of interaction.
- Cost-effectiveness: Virtual training software can save you money on travel and accommodation expenses. It also allows you to reach a larger audience without incurring additional costs.
- Time-efficiency: Virtual training software eliminates the need for physical travel, which saves you and your audience time. As a trainer, you can easily schedule training sessions at a time that is convenient for everyone.
- Measurable results: Virtual training software allows you to track your audience's progress and measure the training's effectiveness. You can use features such as quizzes and assessments to evaluate the learning outcomes.
Top virtual training software of 2023
Here is the top virtual training software to try in 2022
G2 Rating: 5/5
Capterra Rating: 5/5
Scribe offers three pricing options for its service. The basic plan is free and allows users to create unlimited guides and pages. The Pro plan, designed for HR leaders who want to train their employees, costs $23 per month. The Enterprise plan, which can be customized upon request after booking a demo, is also available.
Scribe is a software tool to create and deliver interactive, multimedia-rich e-learning content. A simple drag-and-drop interface allows users to create a wide range of learning materials, including presentations, quizzes, and simulations.
Scribe offers numerous benefits for virtual training. For instance, customer-facing teams can easily create detailed, visually appealing step-by-step guides by simply using the Scribe recorder to walk through a process and letting the tool generate the guide with text and screenshots.
Additionally, Scribe can be utilized to develop interactive and engaging online training courses that learners from anywhere can access. This employee training platform combines documentation, collaboration, and a central knowledge base all in one place.
2. Adobe Connect
G2 Rating: 4/5
Adobe Connect Pricing
There are various pricing options for Adobe Connect. The price package for Adobe Connect Learning starts at $362 per month.
Adobe Connect Overview
Adobe Connect is a virtual meeting and training software that allows organizations to host online meetings, webinars, and training sessions. It features a range of tools and features that make it ideal for virtual training. These include sharing screens, collaborating in real-time, and recording sessions for later viewing.
One of the main benefits of Adobe Connect as a virtual training software is its flexibility. You can access the platform from any device with an internet connection, making it easy for employees to participate in training sessions from anywhere.
Other features that make Adobe Connect a perfect virtual training software for organizations include:
- Interactive whiteboard: Allows trainers to annotate and draw on shared screens, making it easier to explain concepts and ideas.
- Breakout rooms: Allows for smaller group discussions and activities, which lead to more personalized and interactive learning experiences.
- Polling and surveys: Allows trainers to gather feedback and assess the effectiveness of their training sessions.
- File sharing: Enables trainers to share documents, presentations, and other materials with their learners.
G2 Rating: 4.3/5
The GoToTraining Starter package costs $119 per month, billed annually. This package allows 25 attendees per virtual session. The Plus package, which allows for up to 200 attendees, costs $314
GoToTraining is a virtual training software that allows organizations to conduct training sessions online. It provides a platform for trainers to present materials, conduct demonstrations, and lead real-time discussions with participants.
GoToTraining also offers various interactive features, such as breakout rooms, polls, and screen sharing, which help to create an engaging and interactive learning environment. This is especially useful for organizations with a distributed workforce or those unable to gather in person for training.
A representative from Webex will get in touch with the price packages once you sign up for free.
WebEx is a virtual training software that allows organizations to hold online training sessions, webinars, and meetings with their employees. It allows for real-time audio and video communication, screen sharing and document collaboration.
One of the main benefits of WebEX for organizations is its convenience and accessibility. Employees can participate in training sessions from any location with an internet connection, which is especially useful for remote teams or employees who may have scheduling conflicts.
WebEx also offers various features that make it an effective training tool, such as recording sessions for later reference, customizable breakout rooms for smaller group discussions, and integration with other tools, such as Google Drive and Slack.
5. Microsoft Teams
G2 Ratings: 4.3/5
Capterra Ratings: 4.5/5
Microsoft Teams Pricing
The price for Microsoft Teams Essentials is $4.00user/per month. The highest package is the Microsoft 365 Business Standard which costs $12.50user/per month.
Microsoft Teams is a collaboration platform for teams seeking to work in real-time. It includes chat, video conferencing, file sharing, and task management.
The platform allows trainers to easily create and schedule training sessions, invite attendees, and present materials. Attendees can participate in the training session from any location using various devices such as laptops, tablets, or smartphones.
Microsoft Teams is a perfect training software for organizations seeking to train their employees due to the following:
- It allows for more flexibility and convenience for both trainers and attendees. Employees can participate in training sessions from anywhere, at any time.
- Offers a range of tools and features that support effective training. For example, trainers can use screen sharing to present materials, breakout rooms for group discussions, and interactive whiteboards for collaborative learning.
- Integrates with other Microsoft tools, such as PowerPoint and OneNote, which makes it easy for trainers to create and share materials.
Choose the right virtual training software for your organization
Choosing the right virtual training software for your organization is crucial for the success of your training initiatives.
Many options are available on the market, so it is important to thoroughly evaluate each to ensure it meets your organization's specific needs and goals. Investing in the right virtual training software can provide your employees and clients with an effective and engaging learning experience, ultimately driving the success of your organization.