Looking for the best SweetProcess alternatives? While SweetProcess is an excellent tool for documenting processes, it's definitely not the only option.
Some of its alternatives are better suited for specific businesses and individuals, and some offer more robust features and customization.
The purpose of this article is to highlight the top SweetProcess alternatives in 2023 and explain what makes them stand out.
There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to selecting your SweetProcess alternative, so we did our best to highlight the strengths and weaknesses of each option.
Before going more in detail about the 8 best SweetProcess alternatives, let's take a quick look at what SweetProcess is and why you might want to look for an alternative.
8 of the Top SweetProcess Alternatives in 2023
- Process Street
What is SweetProcess?
SweetProcess is a process documentation tool that helps businesses create and manage workflows accurately.
It allows users to document processes quickly, assign tasks to team members, and track progress. SweetProcess also makes it easy to monitor employee performance and ensure that everyone is following the same set of rules.
Some of the most notable features of SweetProcess include:
- Ability to create and manage detailed process documentation
- Real-time activity tracking and reporting
- Features to turn procedures into internal and external knowledge bases
- Good teamwork tools such as time and project tracking
Why you might want a SweetProcess alternative
While SweetProcess has many features, it's not suitable for everyone. For example, it lacks a proper free plan, which Scribe provides as an alternative.
SweetProcess does have a free trial available, but after that, you're required to pay $99 a month to continue. It's possible to contact them for lower-tier plans for teams under 20 users, but the pricing is not visible publicly. To build transparency with customers, I would like to publicly see the prices.
SweetProcess also doesn't have plans for individual users, so those users have to look for other options.
It also lacks some depth in its process documentation features. The biggest downside is that you have to create your documents manually. There are no automation tools included, like in alternatives such as Scribe, that can make the documents for you just by recording your screen.
Those are the most significant downsides of SweetProcess, and why you might want to consider a switch. With that said, let's go through the alternatives!
Top SweetProcess alternatives of 2023
G2 rating: 5.0 out of 5.0
Capterra Rating: 4.9 out of 5.0
- Basic Plan: Free to use
- Pro Team : $12 per team member a month (minimum 5 team members)
- Pro Personal: $23 a month (for individual users)
- Enterprise Plan: Custom Quotation.
Scribe is an all-in-one process documentation tool that helps people and teams turn any process into a how-to guide — instantly.
The biggest difference to SweetProcess is that Scribe is able to create process documents without any manual effort. By clicking "Capture" and going through a process, Scribe will automatically create a step-by-step guide by monitoring your clicks and keystrokes unlike on SweetProcess, where you have to create your documents manually.
Scribe is a no-code tool that anyone can use, regardless of technical background.
What makes Scribe handy is the available Chrome extension. It allows you to create and document processes anywhere you work, making it a real timesaver. Everything is customizable, which means you can edit screenshots and add text, images, or videos to processes as you record them.
Scribe has plans for both individuals and teams with flexible pricing options.
It's your best bet when you need a tool for capturing and documenting your processes.
G2 rating: 4.3 out of 5.0
Capterra Rating: 3.9 out of 5.0
- Small Business: $18 per team member a month (minimum 20 users)
- Corporate: $20 per team member a month (minimum 100 users)
- Enterprise: Custom pricing plans
Kissflow is a business process documentation tool, that is made for teams who want to create and publish processes. With its drag-and-drop interface, it's easy to design and customize workflows and let team members contribute. You also have access to predesigned templates, so not everything has to be started from scratch.
It comes with a real-time view of how everything looks, which makes it easy to collaborate with your colleagues. Outside of process documentation, Kissflow offers other tools like workflow management and process automation tools, and for those reasons, it's much more versatile than SweetProcess.
G2 rating: N/A
Capterra Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0
Custom pricing system in place. To get pricing, you have to contact the Comprose team (creators of Zavanta). You can do this from their website.
Zavanta is a process documentation tool made by the Comprose team, designed to help you capture, store and communicate processes quickly and easily.
Zavanta makes it possible to link "how to" instructions directly into different procedures inside a company. That way, it's easy for new employees to hit the ground running and understand how their responsibilities are stacked.
A stand-out feature of Zavanta is a drag-and-drop test creator that allows you to create employee tests and quizzes. That makes it easy to evaluate team members' understanding of the processes they are following.
You can also create other things such as HR policies, procedures, and hiring tutorials with Zavanta.
4. Process Street
G2 Rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 stars
Capterra Rating: 4.7 out of 5.0 stars
- Startup: $100 a month
- Pro: $415 a month
- Enterprise: Custom quotation, starting at $1,660 a month
Process Street Overview
Process Street provides teams with a simple, robust way to manage processes, SOPs, and workflows. Teams use Process Street to share processes and recurring tasks and turn them into no-code workflows. It has easy-to-use collaboration features, which make it easy to track team tasks until completion.
Process Street also allows users to create standalone workflow documentation alongside customized workflows.
On top of these, it has some advanced features such as custom permissions, automation, reporting, and integrations with platforms like Slack, Salesforce, and more.
G2 Rating: 4.3 out of 5.0 stars
Capterra Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 stars
- A 30-day free trial and a free plan are both available
- Standard: Starts at $1,495 a month
- Enterprise: Starts at $2,479 a month
ProcessMaker is an open-source business process management (BPM) application designed to help businesses model approval-based workflows using drag-and-drop functionality.
It comes with an easy-to-learn user interface and dashboard that allows users to view tasks in order of priority and manage all engagements efficiently.
One cool feature of Processmaker is that it also works offline, and once you go back online, it automatically syncs your work. It's something that SweetProcess doesn't offer, making it more in-depth in that sense.
Another notable feature is its document builder, which can create electronic receipts, invoices, contracts, confirmations, and letters.
G2 Rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 stars
Capterra Rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 stars
- Starter: Free to use
- Business: $19 per team member a month
- Enterprise: $99 per team member a month
- Unlimited: Contact Pipefy for details
Pipefy is a Business Process Management [BPM] platform capable of handling any business processes, particularly those in HR, Finance, IT, and revenue operation teams. With its drag-and-drop interface, it’s easy to create forms, automate tasks with triggers and flows, track campaigns, and analyze performance.
Using Kanban or scrum methods, you can visualize your work and quickly connect your processes with other teams. Pipefy enables users to create standardized forms, generate documents with customizable templates, automate workflows, and export their boards for data analysis.
7. Nintex Process Platform
G2 Rating: 4.2 out of 5.0 stars
Capterra Rating: 4.1 out of 5.0 stars
Nintex has a suite of products, so the pricing depends on your chosen product.
- The base-level plan is free but limited
- Nintex Workflow: $910 (Standard) or $1,400 (Advanced) a month
- Nintex Promapp: $955 (Standard) or $1,405 (Advanced) a month
- Enterprise plans: Custom quotations with Nintex team
Nintex is workflow automation software that eliminates manual processes and procedures with low-code technology. While it offers a large suite of different products, it’s actually one of the most user-friendly software as it's designed for less technically inclined users.
Nintex simplifies the process of creating, automating, and reviewing workflows.
Nintex is a way richer solution in terms of available features when combined with SweetProcess. It comes with a suite of tools, including process management and mapping, form and mobile app design and automation, and analytics. It's an all-in-one solution for everything related to process management, while SweetProcess focuses entirely on process documentation.
The price difference is also huge, so I would only recommend Nintex for larger organizations looking for a more comprehensive solution. Nintex is not the right solution for individual users.
Capterra Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0 stars
- Basic: Free to use up to 15 team members
- Premium: $13.49 team member a month
- Business: $30.49 team member a month
- Enterprise: Contact Asana for more pricing details
Asana is a project management and workflow automation tool that helps teams manage workflows more easily.
Everything from custom lists to boards, calendars, forms, templates, task overviews, and Gantt charts, Asana makes it easy to organize tasks and workflows.
When compared to SweetProcess, Asana is much more visual. You can quickly map out entire projects and processes, visualize progress towards goals, and assign tasks to team members.
It also integrates with Google, Slack, Trello, and various third-party apps (another stand-out point when compared to SweetProcess.)
Asana has a free plan for teams of up to 10 people, which is a big difference to SweetProcess as it doesn't have a free plan.
Choosing the right SweetProcess alternative for you
Each of the SweetProcess alternatives discussed here has its advantages and disadvantages. Some offer a free trial, some don't, some have more features than others, and some have fewer. If you're still not sure what is the right solution for you, consider the following factors:
- Your budget: What is your budget when selecting the SweetProcess alternative? Is a free trial vital to you? Ask yourself those questions. Solutions like Scribe offer a free trial if you want to test things out.
- The team features: If team collaboration features are important to you, then look for solutions that offer those. You should be able to communicate between teams, assign tasks, and track progress with ease.
- Features: What features do you need? Do you need custom forms, integrations, or automated processes? Are reporting features also essential to you?
- Integrations: What does your existing software stack look like, and does the SweetProcess alternative offer integrations with those tools? Ensure that you can connect your current systems, so you don’t have to start from scratch.
- Ease of use: How comfortable are you with new technology? Do you need a solution that is easy to use, or do you have the technical skills to manage more complex systems?
- Documentation: Is the alternative capable of documenting processes and workflows, or do you lose all your data after a while and have to create recurring processes from scratch? Losing your data is the last thing you want.
You also want things to be efficient, which is Scribe’s other nature (Scribe helps you to document processes 15X faster!) And you will not lose your data!