Enhance Visual Communication with Scribe's Screen Recorder Tool
Tired of struggling to explain intricate processes through text alone? With a screen recorder app, you can capture the activity on your computer screen to enhance communication.
Scribe empowers you to capture content and share your screen actions effortlessly with visual guides.
Say goodbye to lengthy explanations and hello to clear and concise communication.
What is a Screen Recorder?
A screen recorder is a software application that captures your activity on a computer screen. You can use screen recording software for a variety of purposes, including creating tutorials, guides and job aids, troubleshooting software issues, creating demos and presentations, and more.
Why Use Scribe as Your Screen Recorder?
1. Effortless Screen Recording
Scribe streamlines the process of capturing browser activity with the touch of a button. Instead of making videos, you can capture every step in a written visual guide — without writing one word! Scribe uses GPT-4 to auto-generate a comprehensive step-by-step guide, complete with screen capture images and text.
2. Instantly Create Step-by-Step Tutorials
Create and share step-by-step tutorials to guide your audience through instructional sessions. With Scribe, you can visually demonstrate each stage to create engaging content, making the points easier to follow.
3. Streamline Communication
Scribe transforms complex tasks into easily digestible content. Say goodbye to confusion and embrace effective communication.
Getting Started with Scribe's Screen Recorder Tool
Step 1: Choose Your Task
Sign up for Scribe Pro and then download the desktop capture app. Select the task or process you want to capture. You can capture it from the desktop, a specific application window or a browser tab.
Scribe will capture your workflow in real time, including mouse clicks, keystrokes and on-screen changes.
Step 2: Stop Capture & Watch Scribe Create a Guide
Once you've completed your tasks, click the "Stop Capture" button at the top of your screen. Scribe will automatically create a step-by-step guide with annotated screenshots, like this example:
Use Scribe's customization tools to edit, add helpful pointers, tips and alerts to call attention to a certain step, add more context or provide guidance for specific steps.
You can use Scribe Pages to combine your guide with images, videos, GIFs and more.
Step 3: Share with one click!
Share your guides in seconds. Here's how:
- Send a quick sharing link for easy access.
- Export your guide in multiple formats, such as PDF, markdown or HTML.
- Use the Scribe platform to distribute your guides.
- Embed your guide into preferred platforms for seamless integration.
Transform how you communicate with screen capture tools. You'll never need to make another video again.
How can I record my computer screen online for free?
Scribe's free basic plan includes key features like web screen capture, AI-powered step-by-step guide creation, editing, sharing and more. Use Scribe's Chrome or Edge extension to capture browser-based apps and processes.
Is online screen recording secure?
Scribe is committed to protecting your privacy. Scribe is SOC 2 Type II audited annually to verify the efficacy of our information security and business continuity controls.
Data is encrypted and protected by access control measures and alerting and monitoring systems. Scribe offers SSO integration to ensure users are securely authenticated. Scribe does not sell customer data to any third parties.
I need a desktop screen recorder. Do you have one?
Yes, with Scribe's desktop app you can effortlessly capture any tool or process on your screen, including desktop and browser recorders. Scribe's desktop version is a Pro and Enterprise feature.
Learn more about what you can do with Scribe:
- Free Windows Screen Recorder
- Free Documentation Generator
- Free Manual Creator
- Free SOP Generator
- Free Process Generator
Or check out these related resources that we think you'll love!
- 15+ Step-by-Step Guide Templates & How to Create One
- How to Create a How-to Guide + 8 How-to Tips
- How to Capture Your Screen in Windows, Mac and Web Browsers
- Best Google Chrome Screenshot Extensions
- What Is a Screenshot? The Underrated Digital Superhero
- How to Use the ''Print Screen'' Function for Screenshots
- How to Crop a Screenshot on Windows
- How to Highlight a Screenshot
- Best Screenshot Tools & Software for Windows
- How to Send a Screenshot on Desktop & Mobile
- Free Job Aid Templates
- Scribe vs. Minvera: Best Tool for Building How-to Documentation
- Scribe vs guidde: Which Documentation Software Should You Choose?
- Scribe vs. Dubble: The Best Process Documentation Solution
Try Scribe's free screen recorder tool to create step-by-step tutorials, demonstrate products or services, create online courses, document processes, and more!