There are few things better than that feeling you get when you help a coworker, customer, or friend learn how to do something. Scribe makes that feeling possible and to date, our users have collectively shared hundreds of thousands of Scribes worth of their expertise. That's a lot of know-how exchanging hands (er...minds).
To date, there have been a number of ways to share Scribes:
- Share with link (best for answering one off "how do I...." questions)
- Share with pdf (best for sharing with the less tech savvy)
- Embedding into gmail (best for...well, sending via gmail)
- Export via HTML or Markdown (best for complete customization in other docs)
But we've heard you loud and clear 📣. You want more ways to include Scribes in your onboarding documentation, training programs, help centers, websites, blogs and more. You need a better way to showcase your expertise and ensure it's always up to date.
We're thrilled to announce one of the most requested features to date – Smart Embed!
This is an entirely new format for sharing Scribes within other tools. Instead of including a laundry list of steps and text in your documentation, Smart Embed highlights Scribes within another tool and contains them with an easy to navigate frame. Better yet - any time you update your Scribe, the changes are automatically reflected anywhere the Scribe is included using Smart Embed.
Check it out 👇.
This format is perfect for combining both contextual information with tactical how-to information, without overwhelming users.
It's particularly useful for:
- Onboarding documentation for new hires who need guidance on both the context around the company and policies paired with tactical how-to guides. For example, create a page in a wiki that discusses company benefits and embed a Scribe that details the process for actually signing up for them
- Help centers where customers may need context about a specific feature and then step-by-step instructions for how to enable it
- Blogs and websites where authors want to discuss a process or topic and then showcase how to actually do it (kind of like what we're doing here!)
Smart Embed works with most tools
Smart Embed works in almost every application out there. If the application allows for embedding code, consider it a candidate for Smart Embed! This includes applications like:
- Wikis and knowledge bases: Confluence, Guru, Notion, Sharepoint
- Help Centers: Zendesk, Notion, Help Scout
- Websites and blogs: Webflow, Wordpress
Embed Scribes in seconds
It's really that easy.
First, grab the code snippet from the Scribe you want to share. Here's how:
Next, copy and paste the code snippet into your application of choice. The process varies a bit for each on the tool. We've created Scribes to show the process for the most popular requests from our users. Check all of them out here.
Here's an example on how to use Smart Embed with Notion.
Questions? Comments? Want to show off where you're using Smart Embed today? We'd love to hear from you – email [email protected]