A screen recording tool is one of the few ways employees can reasonably function and get things done in our remote and hybrid world. Loom, in particular, serves as an alternative to long meetings, stop-and-go training sessions and that awkward interaction when someone’s supposed to be sharing their screen — but definitely isn’t.
It’s a fast and simple tool that does what it says — records your screen for you.
Loom is excellent at what it does, but what if your use case is just a little more specific? What if you need more features, customization or just a more robust platform in general?
TLDR; Top Loom alternatives to check out this year
- Cloud App
Jump to the breakdown of each tool here.
What is Loom?
Loom is a video recording tool that lets users simultaneously record themselves and their screens. It’s an easy-to-use screen recorder that helps create engaging documentation in your browser, desktop and mobile.
Like any other tool, it’s not perfect for everyone’s needs. You might need more customization or have a hard time working past the frequent bugs, app crashes or mic issues.
The best Loom alternatives in 2024
Scribe frees you from constant video recording fatigue. Picture this: you’re making a video to send to your team. Halfway through, you make a mistake. So you start again. Then again. Afterward, you still have to make cuts, edits and try to remove the disturbing background noise.
Scribe instantly documents your screen recording in a step-by-step guide, complete with text and screenshots. No voice-overs, captions or extra effort are required! All you have to do is go through your process.
Seamlessly capture how work gets done across your organization. Analyze, optimize and standardize processes in a way your employees will love.
G2 rating: 4.9 out of 5
Capterra rating: 4.3 out of 5
Scribe Pricing: Scribe has a free version to begin and paid plans start from $29 per user/month
- Use on Chrome, Edge and Desktop capture apps.
- Record any process with a few clicks.
- Automatically generates step-by-step guide.
- Easily edit and customize with text, annotations and custom branding.
- Share directly to teammates with a link or embed in any knowledge base.
- Export as a PDF document.
- Export to Confluence.
Veed allows you to create fun and engaging videos with its Pen tool and notepad features, as well as some brilliant filters and effects.
Veed helps you build your audience, increase engagement and develop your video editing skills. It’s a proven framework for growing your online presence. No account is needed to get started!
Are you ready to create your best Veedio?
G2 Rating: 4.3/ 5
Capterra Rating: 3.9/5
Veed Pricing: It has a free version and paid plans start with $18 per month.
- Access multiple layouts to create videos in split-screen, background swaps, webcam and more.
- Create a dedicated space to organize your content and projects.
- Quickly share videos with a link.
- Enhance your videos with subtitles, annotation, the pen tool highlighter and more.
- Monitor your side panel to control the video recording.
💡 Looking for more options? Check out our list of the best video editing software!
Soapbox also lets you build a library of compelling, informational content fast. Easily export your videos to share with your audience or create a gallery that drives relevant traffic to your website.
G2 Rating: 4.3/5
Capterra Rating: 4.4/5
Soapbox Pricing: It has a free plan and paid plans start with $99/month.
- Engage with the dynamic video editor.
- Record your videos easily with only a Chrome extension.
- Export videos directly to social media.
- Monitor a dedicated analytics board to track and measure your video results.
- Use a one-click transition between full and split-screen.
Communicate with coworkers and customers more effectively with shareable screen recordings. Use CloudApp to easily get your point across by recording your screen or annotating screenshots.
It’s your perfect Loom alternative if you create more training courses, product demos, and webinars.
G2 rating: 4.7/5
Capterra rating: 4.6/5
CloudApp Pricing: It has a free version and the paid plans start with $9.95 per user/month
- Instantly create and share.
- Annotate the recordings for better context
- GIF maker.
- Screen and webcam recording.
Unlike Loom, it has tons of video editing features, such as voiceovers, animations, transitions, titles, credits and more.
Camtasia makes it simple to record and create professional-looking videos and screenshots for Windows and Mac.
G2 rating: 4.6/5
Capterra rating: 4.6/5
Camtasia Pricing: It has a free trial and paid plans start with $320.00 every month with $50 renewal cost.
- Record your screen and customize your video.
- Animate your videos for better context.
- Access easy-to-use tools for teamwork.
- Add voiceovers and more.
Snagit by Techsmith is a video recording tool that captures your screen with cursor movements and includes only relevant voices.
The screen capture software is designed to simplify communication. It's perfect for creating short tutorials and long online teaching sessions while illustrating your blackboard or any other purpose like making a demo.
G2 Rating: 4.6/5
Capterra Rating: 4.8/5
Snagit Pricing: It is a paid recording too and plans start at $64.40 the first year and renewal at $12.60 per year.
- Capture a screen recording as an MP4 video or GIF.
- Access premade templates to get your foot in the door with editing.
- Take full page screenshots with the Panoramic feature.
- Add annotations to draw or include text for better context.
Clip is a video recording tool by ClickUp that lets you capture your screen instantly. Share screen recordings to convey your message precisely without the need for an email chain or in-person meeting.
Make messages actionable by create a task from your recording, adding a description and assigning team members. Your team will always know the full context and know what to do next.
Clip might be your ideal Loom alternative.
G2 rating: 4.7/5
Capterra Rating: 4.7/5
Clip Pricing: It has a freemium version and paid plans start from $5 per member/month
- Creates a sharable link for the video to instantly share with anyone.
- Create task directly from your recording.
- Record your screen without any time limit.
🎓 Considering ClickUp? Learn more about how to use ClickUp for project management.
Choose the right option
Strong Loom alternatives like Scribe help you boost your training and streamline your workflow. Each solution has its own way of addressing user needs.
You might want more robust editing, a stronger recording software or easier collaboration. To decide the best fit, connect with your team. In the end, they are the ones who will use your tool the most.