Are you looking for an AI documentation tool that can streamline your workflow and boost productivity? This list of the top 10 Guidde alternatives will help you find the perfect tool for your needs.
TL;DR: Top Guidde alternatives for 2023
What is Guidde?
Guidde is a Chrome extension that helps you create how-to videos and documentation without any design or video editing skills. It uses AI to record your screen and mouse movements, and then automatically adds text overlays, shapes, and other elements to create visually appealing and informative videos.
Guidde is a good tool for creating simple videos, but it has some drawbacks. It can be expensive, glitchy and may not be suitable for all types of videos.
Here are some of Guidde's key features:
- Screen recording: Guidde can record your screen and mouse movements, so you can create videos.
- Text overlays: You can add text overlays to your videos to explain what you're doing, or to provide additional information.
- Shapes and other elements: You can also add shapes and other elements to your videos, such as arrows, highlights and callouts.
- Voiceover: You can add a voiceover to your videos, so you can provide narration and explain things in more detail.
- Video editing: Guidde also has some basic video editing features, such as the ability to trim and crop videos.
- Collaboration: You can collaborate on videos with other users, so you can get feedback and make sure that your videos are accurate and complete.
- Sharing: Once you're finished creating a video, you can share it with others via email, social media or a link.
Why consider a Guidde alternative?
1. Limited integrations
The free and Pro versions of Guidde offer integrations with Slack and Gmail. If you want to integrate with popular platforms like Zendesk or Freshdesk, you'll have to upgrade to a Business account. Integrations with platforms like Google Drive, OneDrive and Salesforce are limited to Enterprise accounts.
2. Your videos are limited to 100 steps
If you're recording a complex process, Guidde limits you to 100 steps. While this may work for a simple process, you won't be able to break down longer or more complex processes in a single video.
3. Minimal editing capabilities
When you hear the video, you start to think of all the possibilities with each you can edit and customize for the brand. But with Guidde you can only do much, it allows you to increase the font size, change the color and do some basic formatting. You can't crop screen captures or zoom into specific features on your videos.
Top 10 Guidde alternatives
Researching software options can be a daunting task. With so many choices available, it's easy to get overwhelmed. Read on to get an overview of the best Guidde alternatives on the market.
Scribe is an AI-powered process documentation tool that offers an intuitive way to share how-to guides. It allows you to capture any screen process and workflow, transforming it into a step-by-step guide or visual instructions without any additional effort.
All you need to do is click "Start Capture" and proceed with your workflow. Scribe then automatically generates a step-by-step visual guide, complete with instructions and screenshots, making it an efficient solution for software documentation.
With Scribe Pages, you can seamlessly combine your individual guides into detailed, comprehensive documentation. You can combine:
- Text and descriptions.
- Multiple Scribes.
- Loom and YouTube videos.
And then let Scribe's generative AI build the documentation for you!
- AI-powered guide generation: Scribe automatically generates a step-by-step visual guide with instructions and screenshots as you go through your workflow. Easily combine Scribes with videos and images, create GIFS, and more.
- Captures as many steps as you need: There's no limit to how many steps you can add to your process documentation. Break down your most complex processes into easy-to-follow steps with annotated screenshots and instructions, alerts, tips and more.
- Edit and customize: With Scribe Pro, you can crop or resize screenshots, add shapes and markups to your screenshots, add your branding and logos, and permanently redact sensitive information from screenshots.
- Platform compatibility: You can use Scribe on various platforms through Chrome, Edge, and Desktop apps for Mac and Windows.
- Customization: With Scribe, you can easily edit and customize documents with text, annotations and custom branding.
- Document sharing: You can share process documents directly with teammates, embed them in any knowledge base, or export in multiple formats, including HTML, PDF and video.
- Seamless integration: Scribe integrates with thousands of tools like SharepoiZendesk, Google Drive, OneDrive, Salesforce, and many more.
See why users love Scribe:
Zight (formerly known as CloudApp) is a cloud-based platform that facilitates the recording, hosting, and sharing of videos, visuals (like images and screenshots), and GIFs. It allows you to enhance your content with text highlights, voice-overs, annotations, and more.
If you're looking for a tool that enables quick screen recordings and expedites communication with your team and customers, Zight serves as a viable alternative to Guidde.
However, Zight's customization options are limited, especially for the free plan. It can also be expensive for businesses that need to create a large number of videos or need to use more advanced features.
3. UserGuiding’s UG Now
UserGuiding distinguishes itself as a budget-friendly solution that offers an array of adaptable features to meet diverse needs.
This includes web-based interactive guides, resource and help centers for user assistance, and in-app announcements, tooltips, and hotspots to boost user engagement.
It also facilitates the collection of user feedback through NPS surveys and provides process documentation and offline guides via its UG Now feature.
However, UG Now's customization options are limited, especially for the free plan. Users cannot change the colors, fonts, or overall look and feel of their walkthroughs. It's not well-suited for creating complex walkthroughs with multiple steps and branching logic and can be expensive for businesses that need to create a large number of walkthroughs.
FlowShare also creates step-by-step guides for any task. As you work, it runs in the background, documenting every action you take in any software.
FlowShare automatically documents every action you take, capturing every click and screen. Second, it allows bulk editing, so you can review, revise and adjust your new process in one go.
You should know that FlowShare can be expensive, especially if you need to create a large number of documentation guides. It also offers limited customization options and it can be difficult to use it to create complex documentation.
Trainual can have a bit of a learning curve, especially for users who are not familiar with training and onboarding software. It also can be expensive and some users have reported that the software can be buggy and unreliable.
UiPath, previously known as StepShot, is a tool powered by artificial intelligence that automates business processes in real time. UiPath is a robotic process automation (RPA) platform that helps businesses automate repetitive tasks. It earned its place on our list due to its unique feature that allows users to design workflows and create tutorials.
Even if you don't know how to code or script, you can use UiPath to create a visual map of your workflow processes. One downside is its high cost, which may make it less accessible for small businesses.
Folge is a desktop app that helps you create step-by-step guides and documentation.
Folge can be used to create a variety of different types of guides. With Folge's export feature, you can customize and share your guides in seven different formats, making it compatible with almost any system.
Folge is a desktop app, so it can only be used on computers. It doesn't offer as many customization options as some other guide creation tools, and some users have reported that it can be glitchy at times.
ClickHelp is an online documentation tool that allows users to create user manuals, knowledge bases, FAQs, and tutorials, and publish them on their portal.
ClickHelp offers a variety of features that make it easy to create high-quality documentation, such as a WYSIWYG editor, a single-source publishing system, and a translation management system.
It can be difficult to learn for new users and it can be expensive for businesses that need to create and manage a large volume of documentation. Users also report that ClickHelp can be slow at times, especially when working with large documentation projects.
Snagit is a screen capture and recording software tool developed by TechSmith. It can be used to capture images and videos of the screen, as well as annotate and edit them.
Snagit offers a variety of features, such as screen capture, screen recording, image editing, and video editing.
Users report it can be difficult to learn some of the more advanced features. Snagit can be slow at times and expensive for businesses that need to purchase multiple licenses.
While Guidde has its merits, it may fall short for some due to limitations
Scribe, in particular, stands out with its automated screen capture and process documentation capabilities.
Scribe simplifies and streamlines the documentation process, making it an efficient and intuitive choice.
So, if you're seeking a Guidde alternative that effortlessly transforms workflows into step-by-step guides, give Scribe a try today.